A WONDERFUL SALAD FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS BUFFET:
Black eye peas salad makes a wonderful contribution to your Christmas buffet. Brightly colored, it will bring a touch of warmth to your meal. You have the choice to include any of your favourite vegetables. Yes, on a Christmas day, anything goes!
You have to ask all members of your family their favorite choice or ideal vegetables and if you have all those, you can mix, and blend to suit the spirit of Christmas buffet.
The preparation time is approximately 20 minutes. Chill time about 4 hours and that makes it 4 hours 20 minutes to have the dish on the buffet before the Christmas dinner starts.
WHAT YOU NEED/RECIPE/INGREDIENTS/PREPARATION FOR 12 SERVINGS:
1. 1 (16 oz.) pkg. of frozen black eye peas, cook as per pkg. directions and drain well.
2. 1 (10 oz.) pkg. regular sweet peas, thawed
3. 4 green onions ( finely sliced)
4. 1 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
5. 2 Celery ribs, chopped
6. 2 Carrots, chopped
7. 1/4 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbed
8. 1/3 C of fresh mint, chopped
9. 1 C Cherry tomatoes, halved
10. 1/2 C of olive oil
11. 1/3 C white wine vinegar
12. 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
13. 1/4 t pepper + 1 t of salt
To start with, place the cooked black eye peas into a serving bowl.
Fold in the sweet peas, onions, celery, pepper and carrots until well blended. Then whisk together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl until well blended.
Follow up with the addition of the garlic, salt and pepper and whisk to blend. in.
Pour the dressing in with the vegetables and toss to coat. Now cover the bowl with the lid or tightly with foil and refrigerate at lea\st 4 hours.
Then, remove the bowl and toss again. Layer the tomatoes over the top of the salad and sprinkle with the bacon and mint before serving. That is all it takes to prepare black eye peas salad. Peach chicken recipes!