MUSHROOMS ARE IDEAL HEALTHY EATING VEGETABLES AND GO WELL WITH ANY KIND OF FOOD OR OTHER VEGETABLES.
The great thing about Mushrooms are the facts that they are light and have low calories as well as fat-free.
They can be eaten with foods such as rice, pasta, potatoes, beans and vegetables like boiled carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, bean sprouts, noodles, and meat such as roasted beef steaks, poultry, chicken, turkey, pork and fishes to mention a few.
The preparation time of this meal is between 5-10 minutes and cooking time about 5-10 minutes as well. Total time will not be more than 15 minutes.
RECIPES/INGREDIENTS/PREPARATION FOR 2 SERVINGS:
1. 1/2lb of mushrooms (sliced)
2. 100g bean sprouts
3. 1/2 of a stick of cucumber (finely sliced)
4. 2 sticks of carrots ( washed, peeled and cut into thin sticks or fine sizes)
5. 1/2 tsp of walnut oil
6. 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce + 1 tsp of soft dark brown sugar
7. 1/2 tsp of sunflower oil or vegetable oil
8. 1/2 of garlic clove, (peeled and finely chopped)
9. 1/2 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thin slices
10. 1 small ginger, washed, peeled and cut into thin sizes or crushed.
11. 100g mangetout
12. light bunch of lettuce ( chopped or crushed)
Suggested to be eaten with boiled rice, roasted or boiled potatoes, fishes such as salmon, sardines and mackerels. And to be washed down with a glass of red wine or fruit juices of your choice.
As I have always said, the cooking is always easy as long as you have the ingredients ready and handy.
To start with, first, mix together the walnut oil, soy sauce,and brown sugar to make a sauce in a bowl.
Then, heat the sun or vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat, and toss in the garlic, pepper, carrot, and ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Follow up with adding the bean sprouts, mangetout and mushrooms and stir fry for a 2-3 minutes.
Finally, reduce the heat to medium and add sauce and cook for another 2-5 minutes.
You can now serve immediately with lettuce and thinly sliced cucumber as well as any food, fish or meat of your choice and add salt to taste. These are all you need to cook Mushrooms stir fry recipes. Organic fruits and vegetables!