IDEAL VEGETARIAN AND WEIGHT -WATCHERS' DIET:
Prawn cucumber curry recipes is definitely a delicious, nutritious healthy dish for both weight-watchers and vegetarians alike. The dish is light and have less than 400 calories and are wholly fat-free.
You can add honey to make the dish more exciting to eat. It has equally all the qualities expected in a healthy eating meal and can be eaten as either lunch or dinner. It can be eating with rice, potatoes, fluted pumpkin leaves as well as pumpkin.
The preparation time is about 5-10 minutes and the cooking time is about 5-10 minutes as well but may be fully cooked within 15 minutes in total. It will make about 4 servings.
1. 2 tsp of natural honey
2. 500g of raw king prawn (washed)
3. 1 tbsp of Thai green curry paste
4. 1 tsp of sunflower oil
5. 200ml of vegetable stock, fresh or made from 1/4 stock cube.
6. 1/2 x400ml can of light coconut milk
7. 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into strips
8. 100g of frozen peas
9. 1 spring onion, trimmed and shredded
10. 1x 160g pak chol, roughly chopped
11. 1 T of lime juice + 1 fresh basil leaf, shredded
12. 1 small handful of fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped.
13. 1 medium of cucumber ( finely sliced)
As long as you have all the ingredients, all you have to do is to follow the recipes or formula and you will make a good meal of this. Of course, you can remove any ingredients that you don't like and substitute it with your favourite one or ones.
To begin with, first, warm the oil in a large sauce pan and add the curry paste and stir-fry for at least 1-2 minutes before adding the stock and coconut milk.
Simmer for 2-5 minutes, then add the pepper, peas,spring onion and simmer for further 5 minutes or until the peas are soft and tender.
Now, add the pak chol and prawns and cook for 2 minutes, or until the prawns turn pink.
Finally, stir in the lime juice, the natural honey, basil and coriander.
Serve immediately with the sliced cucumber and pepper and salt to taste.
Suggested accompainments: Boiled rice, instant noodles, pumpkin, boiled broad or butter beans.
These are all to the making or cooking of Prawn cucumber curry recipes!